Photographs: Courtesy Sun-n-Sand Hotels Gautam Mehrish
Gautam Mehrish, the Corporate Executive Chef at Sun-n-Sand Hotels shares with us these two yummy kebab recipes.
Mutton galawati kebab
- 1kg Mutton boneless ( leg)
- 50gms Mutton fat
- 100gms Papaya paste
- 50gms Hung yoghurt
- 25gms Ginger, garlic (paste)
- 100gms Onion (sliced, fried and crushed)
- Salt to taste
- 5gms Yellow chilli powder
- 200gms Roasted gram flour
(b) Garam masala (roast all ingredients and make powder)
- 50gms Black pepper corn
- 50gms Green cardamom
- 25gms Black cardamom
- 25gms Clove
- 5pcs Mace
- 1pc Nutmeg
- 50gms Jeera
- 50gms Saunf
- 25gms Patthar phool
- 25gms Cinnamon
- 5 Bay leaves
- 10gms Kebab chini
- Live charcoal (for smoking)
- Little pure ghee (to be put on top of burning charcoal)
- 100gms Pure ghee (for shallow frying)
- ½ gm Saffron (soak and make paste using pestle)
- 2tbsp rose water
- 2tbsp Kewada water
- Mince mutton boneless & fat together to fine consistency.
- Mix all the ingredients under (a) mix well and keep aside for half an hour.
- Add 10gms of powder mix to it
- Add saffron, rose water, kewada water.
- Place the galawati mix in a deep vessel, keep a live coal in the centre.
- Put little pure ghee and cover. Keep till all smoke is over.
- On a hot heavy flat tawa or on a heavy bottom nonstick pan at home make round flat tiikis of the mix and pan grill both sides till it becomes brown in color done from in side.
- Serve with green chutney, fine sliced onion and lemon wedges.
- Its right combination is warqi paratha.
DON'T MISS: Lip-smacking kebab recipes!
- 1kg Mince meat (from leg without any white ligaments)
- 1oogms raw papaya (paste)
- Salt to taste
- 100gms Kidney fat
- Kakori masala powder (roast and make powder)
- 10pcs Green cardamom
- ½ tsp Black cardamom seeds
- 5 cloves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 small blade Mace
- ½ tsp Shahi jeera
- 1 tsp Rose petal
- 10pcs Kebab chini
- ½ tsp White pepper
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri mirch
- ½ tsp Yellow chilli
- 100gms Foasted gram powder
Kakori masala paste
- 50gms Dry flaked coconut
- 10gms Khuskhus
- 50gms Khoya
- 100gms Onion ( to be sliced & fried )
- 25gms Cashewnut
- 100gms Fresh malai
- 1gm Saffron
- 2 tbsps Rose water
- 2 tbsps Kewda water
- Mince meat and fat thrice to very fine consistency.
- Add papaya paste, salt, and powder masala. Mix well wit both hands,
- Add masala paste along with rose water, kewda water and saffron.
- Mix thoroughly and keep for half an hour.
- Clean and wipe skewers. Take a portion of mince mixture and put on the skewers evenly in round shape like seekh kebab.
- Roast on charcoal grill. Remove carefully from the skewers.
- Serve with green chutney. Its ideal combination is sheermal.