Missing your favourite dhaba style mutton gravy?
Food blogger Ramapriya Suresh shows you how to cook the perfect Punjabi mutton gravy at home.
Here's the recipe:
Punjabi Mutton Gravy
Watch the video!
- 750 gm mutton washed and cleaned
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 150 gm curd
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- 5 to 6 cloves
- 5 to 6 green cardamom
- 3 medium sized onion sliced
- 3 medium size tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi (roasted and crushed)
- In a bowl, take mutton, add turmeric, chilli powder, salt and curd. Mix well. Marinate and set aside for an hour.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds, pepper corns, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves.
- Add onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes. Fry on medium heat till soft.
- Allow it to cool before grinding this mixture into a paste.
- In a pressure cooker, heat 5 tbsp oil, add ginger garlic paste and fry on medium flame for two minutes.
- Add ground onion-tomato paste. Fry on medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add marinated mutton pieces and mix well. Cook on high heat for 4 minutes.
- Add Kashmiri chilli powder and coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and adjust salt as required.
- Cook well for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add 250 ml water and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Add kasuri methi and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
Would you like to share an interesting recipe or cooking video?