Rediff reader and food blogger Sarika Gunjal shares a low calorie, protein-packed appetizer recipe.
Do you have a healthy recipe to share? Email it to us!
Here’s how to make Kala Chana Chaat:
- 1-2 cups of kala chana, boiled
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, cut into small pieces
- Cilantro, chopped
- 1 grated carrot or tomato diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chaat masala or to taste
- 1-2 lemon juice or as per to taste
- Soak the chanas overnight.
- Boil the soaked chanas, drain the water and keep.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped onion, chilies, cucumber and carrot.
- Now add the boiled chickpeas, salt, chaat masala, lemon juice along with avocado and cilantro.
- Mix well and put in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Serve chilled as an appetizer or as a salad.
Image courtesy: Sarika Gunjal
- How to make Chicken Stew
- How to make Thai-style Spring Rolls
- How to make Moong Dal Chaat
- How to make Oats Paniyaram
- How to make Soy Nuggets in Garlic Sauce
- Three brown rice recipes that you'll really love!
- Five low-cal recipes for a healthy diet
- Fat to fit: 10 super healthy salad recipes
- 6 easy, low-sugar weight loss recipes
Do you have an healthy food recipe that you'd like to share with us?
We will publish the best ones right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.