Rediff reader Baishali Ghosh shares a delicious fish recipe. You can share your favourite too!
Like fish? This recipe is just perfect for you!
Salmon Fish Cake
- 450 gm potato, diced in small cubes
- 350 gm salmon fillets
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium sized onion
- 4 tsp olive oil/refined oil
- 4 tsp flour
- Salt as per taste
- Boil potatoes and fish fillets.
- Drain the excess water and mix them into a fine mash.
- Add chopped onions, pepper powder, salt, flour and lime juice to a mash and mix it well.
- Now shape the mixture into balls and flatten it.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Dip the balls in beaten egg and roll it in bread crumb, then shallow fry in olive oil or refined oil .
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with mayonnaise or mustard sauce.
Photograph: Baishali Ghosh
You can send us your favourite recipes too. Write in to us at email@example.com (subject: Favourite recipes) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.