Rediff reader M R Anandalakshmi sent us this interesting recipe of Raw Mango Rice. You can share yours as well!
Raw Mango Rice is prepared in Andhra Pradesh mainly during festival season and is offered as prasadam.
This is also prepared during the season of mangoes and served to guests.
You can pack this for lunch as well.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 medium size raw mango
- 8 green chillies
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dhal
- 2 red chillies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cook rice
- Peel the skin of raw mango and chop to small pieces
- Grind the cut mango pieces and green chilli to coarse paste
- Heat oil in kadai and add mustard, jeera, chana dal, urad dal, red chillies and grind paste
- Add salt, turmeric powder, curry leaves and mix well
- Cook the contents in medium flame till the oil floats at the top
- Add the kadhai cooked contents to cooked rice and mix well
- Spicy and tasty Raw Mango Rice is ready to be served
ALSO SEE How to make Paal Paniyaaram
Do you have an interesting recipe that you’d like to share with our readers?
We will publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.
DON'T MISS: Interesting food recipes and features!