Rediff reader Rama Muralidharan shares an easy-to-make potato curd recipe. You can share yours too!
Here's a quick and easy version of Dum Aloo.
The best part of this recipe is there are no onions and tomatoes, says Rama Muralidharan.
Dumdaar Dahiwale Aloo
- 10 to 12 baby potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp spice mix powder (clove, cinnamon, star anise and cardamom)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup thick curd
- 1 tbsp besan
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix curd, besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, dhania powder, jeera powder, spice mix powder, vinegar and salt.
- Beat the mixture well to form a thick smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add potatoes and fry them for two minutes.
- Add the curd mixture and cook on medium flame. Stir constantly.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes till you get rid of the raw smell and see the oil leaving the sides.
- Serve it hot with phulkas or steamed rice.
Image: Rama Muralidharan
You can send us your favourite recipes too. Write in to us at email@example.com (subject: Favourite recipes) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.