This festive season, relish the goodness of carrots and nuts at its best.
Try making the Carrot Barfi at home!
Carrots, we all know, are filled with nutrients.
Full of vitamin A, they're good for your eyes and tummy.
Here's a quick dessert recipe you can make at home with carrots.
- 1 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 9 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 60 gm almonds (blanched and sliced)
- 1/4 tsp saffron powder
- 1 tsp butter
- In a deep bottom vessel, boil milk and add sugar.
- After sugar melts, bring to a boil 2 to 3 times.
- Add the grated carrots, and keep on stirring over a low flame till the mixture becomes thicker.
- Add saffron and stir.
- Grease a flat bottomed plate with butter.
- Pour the mixture onto it and smoothen the top.
- Sprinkle almonds and allow it to cool.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
ALSO SEE: Recipe: How to make Badaam Pak
Liked this recipe? Click here for more recipes and food features!
Do you have an interesting festive recipe to share?
Write in to us at email@example.com (subject line: 'Festive recipes') with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.