The festive season is around the corner. So what are you cooking today?
The nine nights of Navrati is just a few weeks away.
To keep up with the festive mood, here is a recipe of Badaam Pak.
(Makes about 25 to 30 pieces)
- 500 gm almonds (blanched, fried and ground)
- 500 gm mava (crumbled)
- 500 gm sugar
- 2 cup rosewater
- 1 1/2 cup pure ghee
- 1 1/2 cup vanaspati (vegetable ghee)
- 1 tbsp powdered cardamom
- 1 nutmeg (grated)
- Heat rosewater and sugar on low flame, till sugar melts.
- Gradually increase heat and boil the mixture till it thickens to light syrupy consistency.
- Add ghee and cook for two minutes.
- Gradually add mava, stirring constantly.
- Add powdered almonds and vanaspati.
- Continue stirring on low flame till mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from flame. Add cardamom and nutmeg powder.
- Spread the mixture over a board and roll it flat.
- Cut into squares and let it cool.
- Store it in an airtight container so that it stays fresh for long.
ALSO READ: Recipe: How to make besan ladoos
Liked this recipe? Click here for more recipes and food features!
Do you have an interesting festive recipe to share?
Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: 'Festive recipes') with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.