A grilled appetiser that is easy to make, hard to resist, says Divya Nair.
Ever since I saw the Broccoli Pops recipe online, I have been meaning to try it out myself. I finally did last week.
I made some tiny alterations to the original recipe which used eggs and chilli sauce.
Here's the tried-and-tested recipe:
- 250 gm broccoli
- 100 gm grated cheese
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs or all purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Heat water in a deep bottomed pan. Add broccoli and boil for up to two minutes.
- Drain the water and finely chop the broccoli.
- In a pan, add broccoli, cheese, ginger garlic paste, chillies, salt and bread crumbs (or all purpose flour).
- Add salt and bind them well to make a thick dough.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile pre-heat your oven to 150 degree.
- Take out the broccoli dough and make small balls.
- Grease grilling pan with some oil and arrange the broccoli pops.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with sauce of your choice.
Note: If you do not have an oven, you may also coat the broccoli balls with bread crumbs or oatmeal and fry them in oil. You may drain the excess oil using a tissue paper.
Photograph: Divya Nair/Rediff.com
Click here for interesting recipes and food features
Do you have an interesting recipe to share? Write in to us at email@example.com (subject: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.