Debjani Chatterjee tells you how to make the popular street snack at home.
You can share your favourite recipes too!
Here's how to whip up a batch of crispy, delicious egg rolls.
- 250 gm maida (refined wheat flour)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 2 onions, julienned
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp green chilli sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp refined vegetable oil
- Knead a soft dough using maida, 1 tbsp oil, sugar, 1/2 tsp salt and water.
- Cover with a wet cloth and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to cucumber and onion. Mix well and keep aside for five minutes.
- Add green chillies.
- Make five even balls of the dough.
- Roll each ball to make round parathas.
- Heat oil on a tava. Cook paratha on both sides and keep aside.
- Beat one egg and add salt.
- In a tawa, add oil and make an omelette on low flame.
- Place the paratha over the semi-cooked egg. Flip it.
- Place the cucumber and onion filling over the egg.
- Add tomato and green chilli sauce.
- Roll the paratha with the filling. Wrap with a paper towel.
- Serve hot.
Photo Courtesy: kitchenofdebjani.com
- Cooking light: Quick-n-easy chicken salad recipe
- How to make Dabba Gosht
- How to make Paneer Chilli
- Recipe: How to make Soya Poha Cutlets
- Recipe: How to make 7 Cup Barfi
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to email@example.com (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.