Readers have been sharing their food pics and recipes for Easter. You can share yours too!
Patcy N shares a lip-smacking Easter recipe for chicken fry with minimum oil.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 3 tbsp oil
For the marinade:
- 15 red chillies
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 inch ginger
- 10 garlic cloves
- 10 black peppers
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 cardamoms
- 1 big onion
- 1 round tamarind (lemon size) Soak it in water. If you don't like tamarind you can use lemon instead.
- Salt to taste
- Grind the marinade ingredients to a paste with tamarind along with the water it is spakes in.
- Apply the paste generously to the chicken and keep it for an hour. You need not refrigerate unless you are marinating for more than an hour.
- Heat a frying pan on high flame and add 3 tbsp oil to shallow fry chicken.
- Reduce the flame (keep it on low) and add the marinated chicken and all the leftover marinade in the pan.
- Cover with lid. After 15 mins, turn the chicken pieces, cover with lid and let it cook for another 15 mins.
- Now turn the pieces again and cook without covering with lid till all the water evaporates.
- Turn off flame when chicken is fully cooked and looks fried. Serve warm.
Photograph: Rediff Archives
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad