Food blogger Bethica Das tells us how to cook crispy pakoras from bean sprouts.
You can share your favourite recipes too!
These crispy, besan-coated bean sprouts pakoras make a perfect tea-time snack, says food blogger Bethica Das.
Here's the recipe for Bean Sprouts Pakoras
- 1 cup bean sprouts, chopped to 1/4 inch
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup besan
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur (mango powder)
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, combine together all the ingredients, except oil.
- Add some water and make a semi thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop spoonfuls of batter in it. Deep fry them to golden colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
- A tasty way to eat your beets
- Make Methi Matar Malai at home
- How to make Bihar's Litti Chokha
- Foods that will ruin your sex life
- Recipes: 5 delicious ways to use leftover rice
- Recipe: Gajar ka Halwa... with a twist
- Quick fix recipes: Beetroot rice
Want to share your favourite recipe? Simply e-mail your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: My Fav Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.