Sonal Gupta shares with us this spicy, yet healthy, recipe for this Diwali
- Whole cashews: 400 gms or 14 oz
- Ghee: 1 tsp
- Chaat masala: 1 tsp to 1-1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala recipe:
- Roasted and crushed cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Roasted and crushed coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Black pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Dry mango powder/ amchur: 1/2 tsp
- Pink rock salt / kala namak: 1/2 tsp
1. Heat the ghee/oil in the heavy bottom pan or hard anodised pan. Reduce the heat to low.
2. Add whole cashews to it. Roast them on low flame while stirring continuously since it is delicate and burns quickly. Roast them till they become golden.
3. Once slightly pinkish golden, add the chat masala to the cashews and stir well. Switch off the stove.
4. Cool it to room temperature and they are good to eat. For storing, you have to cool it completely and then store in an air tight container. I prefer storing in a glass container.
Enjoy this simple and classic savoury this Diwali in which you can indulge without feeling much guilty!
- How to make Khus Khus Badam Halwa
- How to make melt-in-your-mouth Gulab Jamuns
- How to make Mango Halwa
- How to make Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Rajasthani Ghevar
- How to make Mohanthal
- How to make Doda Barfi
- How to make Shahi Tukda
- How to make Kashi Halwa
- How to make Beetroot Coconut Barfi
- How to make Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
- How to make Malai Laddoos
- How to make Besan Rava Laddoo
- How to make Motichoor Ladoos
- How to make Milk Kalakand
- How to make Zucchini Coconut Laddoos
- How to make Gulab Halwa
- How to make Paan Shots
- How to make Chocolate Fudge