Ditch the usual Holi recipes and opt for something tasty yet healthy like stuffed mushrooms and quinoa pancakes.
- 50 gm mushroom
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 100 gm bell pepper
- 20 gm barbecue sauce
- 50 gm cheese
- Remove the mushroom stems. Chop the mushroom stems and bell pepper.
- Heat some oil, saute onion and garlic till translucent. Add chopped bell pepper, chopped mushroom, salt, pepper and cook for a minute. Transfer in a bowl.
- Add grated cheese to the mushroom mixture and mix well. Stuff the mixture in the mushroom bulbs and keep aside.
- In a bowl take the white sauce and mix with barbecue sauce. Add some salt and pepper. Apply this sauce to the mushrooms and seal the opening with little cheese.
- Bake it at 250 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve hot with pesto.
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Fruits for garnish
- Maple syrup
- Take a large bowl. Add the quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix well.
- In a different bowl, add Greek yogurt, almond milk, mashed banana, honey, vanilla extract, eggs and whisk all the ingredients properly.
- Add quinoa flour mix to the above yogurt mix and whisk.
- Take a pan and add a dollop of butter. Using a spoon, pour the pancake mixture on the pan and spread evenly to make fluffy pancakes.
- Cook for 2 minutes, flip it, and cook the other side as well. You can make 4-5 pancakes and layer them on top of each other. Garnish with fresh fruits and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Binish Baby is the senior executive chef of Lemon Tree Premier Mumbai International Airport.