We had asked you, dear readers, to share your favourite festive recipes with us.
Presenting a dessert recipe from Neha Pitti. You can share yours too!
Swiss Roll is a colourful recipe that is sure to delight the young and old.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 1/4 cup maida
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarb
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 200 gm Milkmaid
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 to 125 ml soda water
- Strawberry, pineapple, orange fruit crush (of your choice)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Sieve maida, baking powder and soda.
- In a bowl add butter, castor sugar, Milkmaid and essence. Mix it well.
- Add maida powder mixture and soda water one by one. Mix with hands using cut and fold method.
- Make the batter smooth in texture. It should comparatively be smoother than cake batter.
- Preheat oven on 180 degree for 5 minutes.
- Take a rectangular mould, grease and place butter paper at the bottom.
- Pour the batter, it should be only 1 inch thick.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes on 180 degree. Don't let it turn brownish red from the top.
- Once it is baked, place butter paper on wooden board, dust some maida and turn the mould when it cools down. Remove the butter paper.
- Spread strawberry fruit crush on it and roll it using butter paper. Make a tight roll.
- Apply a thin layer of strawberry crush on the outer layer and sprinkle desiccated coconut . (You may use orange crush for inner layer and pineapple crush with few drops of green colour for outer layer)
- Roll it in butter paper and refrigerate for an hour to set.
- Remove butter paper and cut it in 1 inch thick rolls. Serve chilled.
Photograph: Neha Pitti
Send us your favourite festive recipes. Write in to us at email@example.com (subject: Festive Recipes) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.