We'd asked you, dear readers, to share your favourite Diwali recipes.
Rediff reader Kavita Tanwar shows us how to prepare a crispy snack for the festive season.
This crunchy, scrumptious Punjabi snack is hard to resist.
Here's the recipe:
- 1/2 kg maida
- 1/2 kg raw peanut, slightly ground
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper power as per taste
- Knead all the dry ingredients -- maida, raw peanut, cumin seeds, dry fenugreek leaves -- together without adding water.
- While kneading, you will see the peanuts release oil. (It helps in binding maida).
- Leave the mixture for an hour so as the oil of peanut is absorbed properly.
- Roll out the dough into small and thin puris.
- Deep fry them. Keep them in a separate plate.
- Allow it to cool.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala powder on top and serve with garlic chutney.
*Lead image used for representational purposes only. Photograph: Rashmi Gupta/Flickr/Creative Commons
Dear readers, you can send us your favourite recipes too.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.