Deloitte's recruitment process will involve a resume screening, a telephonic interview, and a face-to-face interview if you apply online, says Sarvesh Agrawal.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, commonly known as Deloitte, is one of the big four accounting firms.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax, and related services to select clients.
What are the types of internships at Deloitte and who is eligible?
Deloitte India offers internships to students pursuing bachelors or masters in computer science and related engineering disciplines, bachelors in commerce, and MBA across their offices in Gurgaon, Mumbai, and Hyderabad.
Engineering students can look for internships in IT consulting and data analysis, while management and commerce students can find internships at Deloitte across various profiles such as audit, strategy and operations, business development, human resources, and human capital development. Deloitte summer internships typically last 2 months and offer an average stipend of Rs 15,000.
Students pursuing bachelors or masters in computer science and related engineering disciplines, bachelors in commerce, and MBA across their offices in Gurgaon, Mumbai, and Hyderabad.
Engineering students can look for internships in IT consulting and data analysis, while management and commerce students can find internships at Deloitte across various profiles such as audit, strategy and operations, business development, human resources, and human capital development.
There is no specific age group. The candidates must be students of the above-mentioned degrees.
How to apply to Deloitte India
Interested students can apply to Deloitte internships through the following methods:
1. Apply online
You can make a Deloitte internship application online through their official careers page.
2. Email the HR executive
Get in touch with employees at Deloitte over LinkedIn and ask them to provide you with the email id of the HR.
Email your resume and cover letter to the HR executive, mentioning why you're interested in that particular role and what makes you a good fit.
3. Campus Recruitment
Deloitte US India (USI) hires summer interns extensively from various colleges such as IITs, NITs, IIMs, DTU, KIIT University, ITM University, and FORE School of Management.
Best time to apply
The summer internship programme runs from June to August. Students should start reaching out to the organisation at least 2 to 3 months earlier and constantly check for the vacancies on their careers page.
What to do after applying
Deloitte's recruitment process will involve a resume screening, a telephonic interview, and a face-to-face interview if you apply online.
Students applying to Deloitte internships via campus placements have to take a written test consisting of quantitative and qualitative aptitude, a group discussion, and a personal interview.
The group discussion usually contains a Deloitte case study related to a technical issue faced by the organisation and the participants have to find solutions for it. The case could be on various topics such as data redundancy or electronic resource planning.
The interviews contain technical cum HR questions with a focus on behavioural questions. The interviewer primarily asks you about your family, educational background, and your previous internship experiences. The Deloitte HR interview questions are pretty generic and predictable.
Some sample Deloitte interview questions would be:
1. Why do you want to intern at Deloitte?
2. Why should we hire you?
3. What does the green dot in the Deloitte logo denote?
4. What do you know about our business units?
5. Quote an instance when you failed miserably.
6. What did you learn from your last internship?
7. What are your opinions about long hours at work?
Some sample technical interview questions at Deloitte would be:
1. What is the difference between an ArrayList and vector?
2. What is the role of IEEE in computer networking?
3. Explain the difference between SOAP, REST, and OData.
4. Write an SQL query to join 2 tables.
5. Write an algorithm for hostel room allotment.
6. How to implement asynchronous bridge?
7. Write a program to find whether a cycle is present in a linked list.
Some sample questions asked in Deloitte audit internship interviews are:
1. Why does auditing interest you?
2. Explain IFRS.
3. What is cash flow statement and what are its contents?
4. What are your thoughts on the increased demand of quality by the PCAOB and how would you implement such demands in your audit?
What to expect once your Deloitte internship starts
Deloitte has a 2-day induction process.
Your first day at Deloitte will begin with completing the joining formalities after which you'll be given an access card to their office along with a laptop.
The next few hours involve talks from senior managers/leaders across different verticals in Deloitte followed by a lunch.
On the second day, they'll take you on a tour of the office and introduce you to your manager who'll brief you about the projects you'd work on.
Generally, an intern at Deloitte works on a client-side project and an internal project of Deloitte USI.
Interns at Deloitte are treated as full-time employees and are entrusted with equal responsibilities.
During your internship at Deloitte, India, you'll be evaluated twice -- once at the end of the first month and next when your internship ends.
Some pro-tips to land a Deloitte summer internship:
1. If you're applying for a technical internship at Deloitte, you should be well versed with either Java, Python, or C# and should have a working knowledge of HTML and SQL.
2. Extracurricular activities play a key role in getting hired at Deloitte. The recruiters look for candidates who have handled positions of responsibility and are active participants.
3. Make your resume unique. Don't put generic details on it rather show what makes you stand out.
4. Deloitte executives value professionalism, so maintain it throughout the recruitment process and dress up in a formal attire for your interview.
Sarvesh Agrawal is the founder and CEO of Internshala, an internship and training platform.