'As the market has recovered a lot from Covid period, please advise if it is the correct time to invest.'
Omkeshwar Singh, Head, Rank MF, a mutual fund investment platform, answers your queries:
Bappa Sikdar: I am 47 years old. I have 8 MF ongoing SIPs, which started 3-5 years before, kindly review and advise details as below. further in addition to this if i want to invest lump-sum amount may be 2 Lakhs, which better option you suggest.
- SBI Focused Equity Fund Reg Growth: Rs 1000.00
- SBI Blue Chip Fund Reg Plan-G: Rs 1000.00
- SBI BFS Fund- Reg Plan Growth: Rs 1000
- Aditya Birla SL Frontline Equity Fund(G): Rs 2000.00
- Franklin India Prima Fund(G): Rs 2000.00
- Aditya Birla SL Dynamic Bond Fund-Reg(G): Rs 1000.00
- Franklin India Bluechip Fund(G): Rs 2000.00
- HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund(G): Rs 2000.00
Omkeshwar Singh: Axis Bluechip Fund – Growth is better Large cap option; sectoral fund can be avoided due to concentration risk; Canara Robeco Equity Hybrid Fund - Growth is better Aggressive Hybrid and Axis Mid Cap fund – Growth is better Mid cap Fund
Rest are fine.
amit kumar sharma: I am having funds in the range to 10-15 lakhs, please advise the MFs which i must select to invest in for a period of about 3 years. Further as the market has recovered a lot from Covid period, please advise is it correct time to invest the same.
Omkeshwar Singh: You may invest in a basket of hybrid and debt funds if the investment horizon is of 3 years.
- EDELWEISS BALANCED ADVANTAGE FUND - GROWTH
- Hdfc Short Term Debt Fund - Regular Plan - Growth
- UNION BALANCED ADVANTAGE FUND - GROWTH
- Icici Prudential Short Term Fund - Growth Option
vipul bhrigu: Iam 43 yr. old & have following SIPs going as per the duration below. My horizon is next 5-10 years & want to build a corpus of 1 Cr for retirement. Please suggest if this OK. Risk Acceptance - Medium. Mutual Fund SIP Amount Months Started
SBI Blue Chip – Growth 10,000 42
HDFC Mid Cap opportunities Growth 5,000 32
Sundaram Rural & Consumption Regular 5,000 25
TATA Equity P/E Fud Regular Growth 5,000 25
Kotak Blue Chip Fund Growth 5,000 7
Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Regular 5,000 7
Axis Small Cup Fund 5,000 1
Omkeshwar Singh: Monthly SIP of Rs. 40000 is adequate to build a corpus of Rs. 1 crs in 10 years.
Please continue with existing Tata, Mirae, Axis and can consider UTI Equity Fund - Growth, Axis Bluechip Fund – Growth and DSP Mid Cap Fund – Growth
Sarvesh Prabhu Konkar: Please provide answer to the following: I have investments in the following mutual funds (all Direct Growth option). Please advise whether I can continue with them or should change.
- Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund-Direct Plan - Growth - 7 years - Rs 4100.
2. Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity Fund - 3 years - Rs 3000.
3. Parag Parikh Long Term Equity Fund - 3 years - Rs 3000.
Omkeshwar Singh: Please continue; all are very good funds.
Lokesh Bhat: I am holding these MFs from last few years with start date of SIP as mentioned below. Kindly advice whether to hold or exit any funds
Omkeshwar Singh: In Multi Cap: Uti Equity Fund-growth Plan-growth is a better option
In Large Cap: Axis Bluechip Fund - Growth is a better option
In Aggressive Hybrid: Canara Robeco Equity Hybrid Fund Regular Growth is a better option
Rest are fine.
Girish Kumar K: I have been investing 5k monthly SIP in following mutual funds.
ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund (G) - investing since 5 years
SBI Blue Chip Fund (G) - investing since 2 years
I need your guidance on whether to follow with the existing MFs or switch over. If I have to switch over to another MF, what could be the reason for doing this? Please let me know.
Omkeshwar Singh: Better fund based upon present quality of portfolio and adequate margin of safety is available in Axis Bluechip Fund – Growth.
Subhojit Saha: Please let me know if my mutual fund investments are correct.
I have SIP of 25k total going into following funds/month.
1. DSP small cap fund - regular plan - growth
2. Franklin India Equity Fund - Direct - growth
3. ICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund - Direct - growth
4. Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund - Direct - growth
5. Quantum Long Term Equity Value Fund - Direct - Growth
6. Aditya Birla Sunlife Tax Relief 96 Fund - Direct - Growth
7. Canara Robeco Equity Diversified Fund - Regular- Growth
8. IDFC Multicap Fund - regular - Growth.
Omkeshwar Singh: Can continue with Canara, Mirae, ICICI
Rest can be consolidated into:
Uti Equity Fund-growth Plan-growth
Axis Bluechip Fund - Growth
DSP Mid -Cap fund – Growth
Apart from this I hold small amount of Mutual Fund one time holding in
1. Canara Robeco Equity Hybrid Fund - Regular - Growth
2. HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund - Regular - Growth
3. Kotak Standard Multicap Fund - direct - growth.
Can you comment what to hold and what to change in the above portfolio.
Omkeshwar Singh: Please continue with Canara Robeco Equity Hybrid Fund Regular Growth
Edelweiss Balanced Advantage Fund - Growth Option is a better option
Uti Equity Fund-growth Plan-growth is better option
abhishek trivedi: I am looking for the longer horizon, may be 10 to 15 years from now. I am already investing in below SIPs request your view on it. Also, if you can suggest some good options to buy looking at my horizon. My Age as on date is 39 years. Risk appetite is medium.
1) HDFC MID CAP OPPORTUNITIES FUND GROWTH PLAN - Rs. 1000 monthly
2)ICICI PRUDENTIAL VALUE DISCOVERY FUND GROWTH PLAN - Rs. 1000 Monthly
3) SBI SMALL CAP FUND GROWTH PLAN - Rs. 2000 monthly
4) FRANKLIN INDIA FOCUSED EQUITY FUND GROWTH PLAN - Rs. 2000 monthly
5) Aditya Birla SunLife Pure Value-G Rs. 4000 Monthly
6) L&T Emerging Businesses-G Rs. 3000 monthly
Omkeshwar Singh: Continue with SBI Small Cap and for others kindly consolidate your portfolio as under:
Instead of focused: Uti Equity Fund-growth Plan-growth
Instead of L&T Emerging Business: Canara Robeco Emerging Equities – Growth
In Mid Cap: Axis Mid Cap fund – Growth
Thematic instead of Value Funds: DSP Quant Fund - Growth
ashok jadhav: Sir, HDFC Housing Opportunity Fund Series 1 is converting into open end with effect from 19-1-2021. Existing unitholders are given offer to exit from 18-12-2020 without exit load or prevailing N A V. The scheme has not performed positively. What should an investor like me having these units do? Whether to exit from scheme before 19-1-2021 taking advantage of no exit load or should remain in Scheme even after 19-1-2021.
Omkeshwar Singh: Kindly exit and invest in equity diversified funds such as UTI Equity Fund - Growth or Axis Bluechip Fund - Growth
If you want Mr Singh's advice on your mutual fund investments, please mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, 'Ask MF Guru', along with your name, and he will offer his unbiased views.
Disclaimer: This article is meant for information purposes only. This article and information do not constitute a distribution, an endorsement, an investment advice, an offer to buy or sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities/schemes or any other financial products/investment products mentioned in this QnA or an attempt to influence the opinion or behaviour of the investors/recipients.
Any use of the information/any investment and investment related decisions of the investors/recipients are at their sole discretion and risk. Any advice herein is made on a general basis and does not take into account the specific investment objectives of the specific person or group of persons. Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice.