The stage is set for the knock-out stage of the cricket World Cup, with South Africa taking on 1996 champions Sri Lanka in the first quarter-final on Wednesday at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Sri Lanka finished third in Pool A while South Africa placed second, behind India in Pool B.
Defending champions India seem to have the simplest test against Bangladesh. The Asian rivals lock horns at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Thursday.
India will have the league stage exit in the 2007 edition at the back of their mind as they bowed out of the tournament after losing to Bangladesh.
On Friday, four-time champions Australia will meet 1992 champions Pakistan in what is pitted to be the most promising game of the last-eight stage.
In the last quarter-final, on Saturday, co-hosts and dark horse New Zealand are up against the West Indies.
As the tournament gets to the business end here’s a chance to predict the winner.
Listed below are the eight quarter-finalists. Pick four who you think will make the semi-finals.
Don't miss these columns by Prem Panicker on World Cup 2015!
- The most searching examination of India's resilience with bat and ball yet
- Dhoni switched to Plan B: Take the pace off the ball and the oxygen out of the game
- A stutter no more, in a modest chase
- India sustain their internsity, to a point
- Wallflower in team of stars, Rahane claims his place under the sun
- When he could not walk with the gods, he was humble to be mortal