South African world 800 metres champion Caster Semenya's return to competitive athletics should be announced in less than a month, SAPA news agency reported on Thursday.
The 19-year-old underwent gender verification tests after winning gold at the Berlin world championships last August and has not competed since.
"The third World War that we declared has been won. There has been a war for the last five months and we won 99 per cent of the issues," South Africa's Sports Minister Makhenkesi Stofile, told SAPA.
"The last one, which I have no doubt will be won in the next three weeks is the announcement that Caster goes back to the track."
Athletics South Africa (ASA) has made clear Semenya is not banned from competition but said she must wait for the results of her tests from the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) which are not expected until June.
In a statement last month, Semenya said she planned to return to competitive athletics at an international meeting in Zaragoza, Spain on June 24.The athlete attempted to run at a meet in Stellenbosch, South Africa on March 30 but was prevented from doing so by ASA.