Tiger Woods pronounced himself fit for a return to competitive golf while acknowledging the ravages of age on Tuesday as he prepared to tee it up for the first time in nearly four months at the Hero World Challenge tournament.
Left pleasantly surprised by the warm reception he received in India earlier this year, American golfer said the response to his maiden trip was nothing short of phenomenal.
Woods, one of the most successful golfers the game has ever seen, visited Delhi on the invitation of Hero MotoCorp Managing Director Pawan Munjal, who has now signed a four-year endorsement deal with the legendary American.
Hero are also the title sponsors of the World Challenge, an off-season event hosted by Tiger Woods Foundation. Woods said he was excited about the new corporate partnership with Hero MotoCorp.
"Yes, (it was) very exciting...I got the chance to meet Pawan (Munjal) and play a round of golf with him when I was in Delhi. Everyone knew him. We had a great time. I think I shot 63 that day, nine-under," Woods, flanked by Munjal, said at a press conference in Orlando.
"But ever since then we've had a great dialogue and we've had a chance to see each other on a couple of occasions and consequently we have ended up in this position where Hero is now a part of the foundation and our event and we couldn't have asked for a better partner," he said.
The 38-year-old golfer said he spent some memorable time at the Delhi Golf Club.
"To be able to play at DGC, which is a very historic golf course there, and to have the type of reception that we had there was absolutely phenomenal. I don't think any of us quite expected it to be like that," he said.
However, he replied in negative when asked if he would be seen at the next Indian Open in February 2015.
"Maybe not next year. But certainly it's an option going forward, Yes."
All eyes will be on a creaky back that limited Woods to just eight events last season where he missed the cut twice and withdrew from two others.