Hockey India secretary-general Narinder Batra said the duo e-mailed their appeal plea to him on Thursday and sought for a meeting with him next week.
"Both Sandeep and Sardara had sent their appeals to me today. They have also expressed their desire to meet me and I will be meeting them next week any day after Tuesday," Batra said.
"After I meet them, a five-member committee will be formed which will look into their appeal," he added.
According to Hockey India sources, keeping mind next year's Olympic [ Images ] qualifiers in mind, both Sandeep and Sardara could be pardoned with a warning if they accept their guilt before the five-member panel.
"Sardara is presently the best midfielder in the world and Sandeep is one of the best drag-flickers. No doubt they have done a mistake but they are still young and they will be crucial to the team in the qualifiers," a source said.
Both Sandeep and Sardara were banned for two years by Hockey India's disciplinary committee after they quit last month's camp in Bangalore, ahead of the Asian Champions Trophy which India won, citing personal reasons.
The two players were, however, given 30 days' time by Hockey India to appeal against the ban.