Giancarlo Fisichella, who just became a 'former' Force India driver, had quite a busy first day at Ferrari, his new employer.
The 36-year-old Roman arrived here to meet Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali and soon got down to the serious business of Formula One since the team doesn't have much time ahead of September 13 Italian Grand Prix in Monza.
The first job at Ferrari was to set up the F60 car's cockpit for him and Fisichella then met the technicians.
"I'm in seventh heaven," a thrilled Fisichella told Ferrari's official website.
"I still can't believe it that the dream of my life comes true and I want to thank Ferrari and Chairman Luca di Montezemolo. Over the last week some really incredible things happened to me: the pole position and then second place at Spa and now I'm called by Ferrari to race the last five races of the season for them," Fisichella said.
Soon after his second place finish in the Belgian Grand Prix, Fisichella was busy dismissing 'rumours' of his move to Ferrari and four days after that, the Roman driver finds himself just there.
Looking ahead, Fisichella said he would put his best foot forward.
"I'll give my best to recompense the Scuderia for this great opportunity they gave me. I know that it won't be easy, but I'll give it everything to gain the best possible results."
"I want to say that I'm very sorry for Luca Badoer (whom he replaced). I know how much he cared to race in Monza behind the wheel of a Ferrari, because this is the best thing that can happen to an Italian driver, to drive a red car in front of our fans," Fisichella said.
Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali, meanwhile, made it clear that Fisichella would remain the team's reserve driver in 2010.
"We chose Giancarlo, because we think that he can make a significant contribution in terms of points during the finale of this uncertain season," Domenicali said.
"Furthermore we considered what could be his role inside the team in the near future, also taking this year's experiences into account. He will be the reserve driver in 2010," he added.
He also had a word of gratitude for Force India management.
"I want to thank Vijay Mallya and Force India F1 for giving Giancarlo the possibility to cancel his contract in such a happy moment for the team, allowing him to crown his dream as a driver," he added.