The Maharashtra State Chemists and Druggists Association has called for a three-day token strike from October 16-18, to protest alleged harassment by the Food and Drugs Administration officials.
While the strike is likely to make life difficult for those who are on medication, medicines will be available at the medical stores of the following hospitals -- *SoBo - Saifee, Breach candy, Jaslok, JJ & Bombay Hospitals
Byculla / Fort - Noor & Nair hospitals
- North East (Mulund & Chembur) - Lifeline Medical Stores, Fortis, Inlaks, Joy hospitals, Shreepal stores & Bhavani stores
- Central Zone (Vikhroli, Ghatkopar & Powai) - Godrej Memorial, Parakh, LH Hiranandani hospitals
- Borivali & Andheri - Karuna, Nanavati, Kokilaben Dhirubhai, Seven Hills hospitals
- Bandra - Jogeshwari - Kapadia, Shree Shyam Ent, Dhanvantri Stores, Lilavati, Holy Family, Guru Nanak, Asian Heart hospitals
- Dadar, Sion & Dharavi -- KEM, Tata Memorial, Vaishnavi Medical Stores (Shushrusha Hospital), Sion hospi, Oscar Pharmacy and Somaiya hospitals.