Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday delivered his Teachers' Day address at the Manekshaw Centre in New Delhi with about 700 school children in the audience. Here are some of his most interesting quotes.
1. I feel blessed I can address students who are the future of India.
2. We must acknowledge the importance of teachers to the society.
3. Until teachers get their due it is difficult to bring about a change.
4. We must question why the smartest students don’t choose to become teachers.
5. When I went to a school in Japan, they told me that both the teachers and students perform cleaning tasks here to keep the schools clean. I wondered why can't we do it in India.
6. As students I am sure you have several dreams. If you are determined to move ahead nothing can stop you. Our youth are talented.
7. India is a youthful nation. Can’t we think of exporting good teachers?
8. It’ easy to find information on Google guru but that’s not equal to gaining knowledge.
9. Both teachers and students must move ahead together for the nation to progress.
10. If you are determined nothing can stop you from determining your dreams.
11. If you education is not enough, experience will teach you lessons.
12. One should play and sweat. Life shouldn't be bogged down by books.
13. Importance of technology is increasing every day, we must not deprive our children of technology, if we do then it's a social crime.
14. Dr Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan served this country well, he did not celebrate his birthday, he celebrated it for teachers.
15. We want to make nation-building a people's movement.
Image: TV grab of Narendra Modi's speech on Teachers' Day