Civic authorities on Sunday continued the demolition of seven unauthorised structures near the controversial Sara-Sahara complex in south Mumbai.
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation had started pulling down the seven structures in Munim Compound on Saturday.
However, the BMC does not have any orders as yet to demolish the Sara-Sahara complex, allegedly owned by underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, in the same compound.
"We have pulled down five structures so far and are going ahead with demolition of the remaining two. We hope it will be over by Sunday night," said Vijay Balamwar, assistant municipal commissioner, who is in charge of the demolition.
"But asto Sara and Sahara, we have no orders yet," he said.
BMCCommissioner Johny Joseph had told reporters on Saturday that the structures being pulled down were totally illegal.
As regards Sara-Saharacomplex, Joseph said the occupants had initially obtained permission to build godowns or storage places, but later manipulated rules to construct shops.
The Urban Development Department turned down a plea to regularise the shops, but the occupants then moved the Bombay high court which granted a status-quoorder, he said.
Another petition seeking a stay on the demolition of Sara-Saharacomplex was filed in Supreme Court on Friday and it will be heard on Monday.