The royal family has already made it clear it would not hold the traditional private durbar in the Palace
With hardly around two weeks left for the commencement of Dussehra celebrations in Mysore, the death of Srikanta Datta Narasimharaja Wadiyar, the last male member of the Mysore Yadu dynasty, is casting its shadow on the 10-day-long state-sponsored celebrations.
While brisk preparations are being made for decking up Mysore hurriedly for the celebrations to commence from September 25, Pramoda Devi, wife of late Wadiyar, is said to have objected to the music festival in front of the palace as the mourning period is still on.
The royal family has already made it clear it would not hold the traditional private durbar in the palace. District in charge minister V Sreenivasa Prasad, who met Pramoda Devi last month, said she was not in favour of organising concerts in front of the Palace.
During Dussehra, the state government conducts music and dance programmes in front of the palace by inviting renowned artists from across the country. Prasad said the issue would be sorted out after consulting chief minister Siddaramaiah. It would be also discussed in the Dasara High Power Committee meeting.
Meanwhile, Siddaramaiah, who was in Mysore on a day's visit, reiterated the district in-charge minister would take a decision on the issue. Prasad is likely to meet Pramoda Devi and indications are that a clear picture may emerge after Monday's high-level committee meeting after which the district authorities would extend the official invitation and honorarium to Pramoda Devi for the Dussehra.