A Pune court on Friday rejected Malegaon blast accused Lieutenant Colonel Shrikant Prasad Purohit's plea for an extension of his police custody in the city.
The court granted the custody of Purohit to the Mumbai Anti-Terrorism Squad, which had arrested him. The ATS will take him to Nashik on Friday, where he will be produced before the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court on November 29.
Purohit's lawyer Shrikant Shivde told rediff.com that the armyman had been physically and mentally tortured by the ATS, while he was in their custody.
"The ATS is torturing Purohit to force him to confess that he was involved in the Malegaon blast. The ATS is trying to fabricate evidence against him," said Shivde.
He added that Purohit's life was under threat from various terror organisations, as he had led several operations against them earlier.
Shivde also submitted a written account of the torture being meted to his client by the ATS to the magistrate.
Speaking about Purohit's family, Shivde said that the Lt Col's wife had already left for Nashik.
"His family members are extremely fraustrated. But they are not seeking the help of any political party," informed Shivde.