Actor-director Kamal Haasan [ Images ], whose film ‘Vishwaroopam’ is facing ban in Tamil Nadu amid a raging controversy, thanked Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa [ Images ] for her support as he addressed mediapersons in Mumbai [ Images ] on Thursday.
"I am grateful that now she is supporting me. There is no point in moving the Supreme Court,” the actor told mediapersons.
The 57-year-old actor, who had said on Wednesday that he would leave Tamil Nadu and opt to stay in any other secular state in India [ Images ], remarked on Thursday, "In an emotional outburst I had said that I will leave the country. But if it happens again, I will seriously leave”.
The actor also thanked the Muslim community for their support during the controversy surrounding his film.
“During all these hurdles my Muslim brothers were behind me. These are the true Muslims. This is the real India," Haasan said.
The award-winning actor, known for his impeccable performances in Sadma, Sagar and Nayagan among many others, also mentioned that he never felt alone because of the support from the media and the fans.
“I am very grateful that the media has stood by me,” he said, adding, "I am also thankful for the support that I got from my fans. I don’t know what I have done do deserve so much love from my fans."
Hasaan also mentioned that his film was not meant to hurt the Muslim community.
Some Muslim groups in Tamil Nadu had opposed the film saying that the film depicted Islam in an objectionable way.
The actor added that he had already suffered losses amounting to Rs 30 to Rs 60 crore due to delay in release of his Rs 95 crore-budget film.