Lover's recipe: Rawa Toast
Is your partner a whiz in the kitchen? Share his/her best recipe -- according to you -- with us.
Recently we invited you to share your partner's best recipes. Here Chirag shares his wife Deepti's Rawa Toast recipe.
- Curd : 1 cup
- Rawa (Sooji) : 2 cup
- Pepper : teaspoon
- Salt : 1 teaspoon
- Green Chilly : 1 piece
- Capsicum : 1 medium size
- Onion : 1 large size
- Bread : 4 Slices
- Malai/Cream : 1 table spoon
- Mix the rawa well in curd for the batter and add water appropriately to make it a semi-liquid.
- Add malai to the batter and mix it well. Keep the batter for 30 minutes for rawa to get soaked.
- Chop capsicum, onion and green chilly in small pieces.
- Add chopped capsicum, onion and green chilly in the batter.
- Add salt and pepper to the batter.
- Divide the bread slices in two halves and apply batter on both sides.
- Spread oil on tawa and place the wrapped bread slices on it.
- Flip the slices after one side get cooked and become reddish.
- Serve the slices hot with tomato ketchup after both sides get reddish in color.
Have a recipe to share? Write in to email@example.com (subject line: 'My partner's best recipe') with a photograph of the dish if possible and we'll publish the best entries right here on rediff.com!
Image: Rawa Toast