Recipe: How to make Aloo Paratha in a jiffy
We had asked you, dear readers, to share your favourite recipes with us.
Reader Urmimala shares her mother's recipe for making Alu Parathas without the hassle of stuffing.
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium-sized bowl refined flour (maida)
- Oil or ghee
- Boil the potatoes, add salt to the water.
- Mash the boiled potatoes well do there are no lumps.
- Knead the potatoes with the flour to make a soft dough.
- Make 10 to 12 medium-sized balls.
- On a rolling board, dust some flour and roll the ball into a lean flat circle just like a roti.
- Heat a tava, add 1 tsp oil and cook the parantha on both sides.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
- Serve it hot with pickle, sauce, curd, curry or simply with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
- Tip: You can also add finely chopped green chilli, onion and jeera masala to the mashed potatoes before kneading the dough.
Reader invite: Dear Reader, do you have an interesting quick-fix breakfast/lunch/snack recipe that you'd like to share with us?
Email your recipe along with a photograph, if possible, to email@example.com (Subject line: Quick fix recipes) and we'll publish the best ones right here!
Image: Aloo Paratha
Photographs: Courtesy alikabosar.blogspot.in/