What: Nominations are invited for the AmeriCares Spirit of Humanity Awards -- India's first healthcare awards to honour and recognize individuals or organizations that have made outstanding contributions towards improving healthcare and empowering a healthier and stronger society.
The objective of the awards is to bring out stories of unprecedented efforts through rigorous search, selection and nomination of people or institutions that have devoted a significant part of their lives/efforts for a health related cause.
The awards categories are:
1. Outstanding contribution towards Child Nutrition
2. Outstanding contribution towards Women's Health
3. Outstanding contribution towards Diabetes Mellitus
4. Outstanding contribution towards Heart Diseases/ Cardiovascular
5. Outstanding contribution towards Lung Diseases/ Pulmonary
6. Outstanding contribution towards Oncology - Service
7. Outstanding contribution towards Oncology - Research
8. Outstanding contribution towards Neurology/ Mental Health
9. Outstanding contribution towards CSR Activity of Pharma Company
10. Jury's Choice Award for Outstanding contribution in any field that is not included in the above categories.
Last date for submission of nomination: January 31, 2011 (Monday)
Date for Spirit of Humanity awards: April 2, 2011 (Saturday)
For the Winner:
1. Cheque of Rs 1 lakh
3. Certificate of Excellence signed by the international jury.
For other finalists: All finalists shall receive a Certificate of Honor signed by the international jury.
Nominees: Individuals and organizations can nominate themselves or someone can nominate (nominator) on their behalf.
Nominees must be:
Indian Citizens above the age of 18yrs
Registered organizations that have been in operation for a minimum of 3 years in India: Non-governmental, charitable or nonprofit entities, government or private hospitals, private companies, government agencies, universities and multilateral organizations are eligible for consideration.
Documentation of registration is required for nonprofit institutions and must be mailed along with the Nomination Forms. Documentation will also include, but is not limited to, annual reports, financial statements and tax filings.
Contact with any jurors by a nominee or by somebody on behalf of the nominee will be grounds for automatic disqualification.
How to apply
To apply (preferred mode of application is online) and for more information, visit: http://www.americaresindia.org/SoH2011 / email@example.com
About AmeriCares India Foundation
AmeriCares India is a non-profit organization involved with humanitarian medical aid on a regular basis especially in disaster situations. Currently, AmeriCares India works with international and local charitable organizations, including non-governmental agencies, hospitals, the Ministry of Health and other organizations to assess humanitarian needs and respond to those that are most critical. Over the past seventeen years, AmeriCares has worked closely with state governments and leading nonprofit organizations in India to deliver $48 million worth of life-saving medicines and medical supplies in various disaster situations including more recently the UP floods (Nov 2010), Leh-Ladakh cloud burst (Aug 2010), cyclones in WB & Orissa (2009), floods in AP & Karnataka (2009) and many more disaster situations including the tsunami of 2004-05.
For more information, visit www.americaresindia.org