If you've got a parent-teacher meeting anytime soon, or if you just happen to have people who are, you know, teachers, you better watch what you're saying.
Parents say the darndest things, don't they? So here are 8 things you, dear reader, should never tell a teacher. Never. Ever. Ever.
1. I want your job; you get vacations!
Not all teachers get the month-long vacations that we think they do.
Certainly not the ones in private schools!
2. Teaching is such a simple job
Really? And you would know this because...?
3. Anyone can teach
Sure! And what's stopping you?
Ah! And the teachers are to take your word for it because...?
4. Don't be strict on them. They're just kids you know!
You mean despite the way you turned out?
5. Have you ever thought of switching careers?
Terrible thing to say to anyone in fact, unless you're a really (and we mean really, really) good friend of the person but more so if s/he happens to be someone who has volunteered to groom your snotty little one.
6. I'd like to teach when I retire
Please, please don't hesitate to work for as many years as you can!
7. Last but not the least... "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
And you'd be such an achiever if talking nonsense was an actual job!
How about instead wish your teachers here... because you know... today just happens to be Teachers' Day