|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Shah Rukh upset by ICC directive
May 19, 2008 10:09 IST
Bollywood superstar and Kolkata Knight Riders owner Shah Rukh Khan [Images] on Sunday expressed disappointment at the ICC [Images] Anti Corruption Unit barring him from going to the team dug out and dressing room in the remaining matches of the Indian Premier League.
"I like to hang around with the boys. I am very energetic. I am very disappointed that the ICC has stopped me. I don't know the ICC rules. I will tell only one thing. Nobody dare stop me from coming to Kolkata. I will be here whenever my team plays a match at the Eden," Khan said on Sunday night.
Earlier in the day, the Anti Corruption Unit officials had cautioned the actor about going into the dressing room and the team dug out during the IPL match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Chennai Super Kings.
Sources said later they directed the matinee idol to stay away from these areas in the remaining matches of his team.
Asked about the Knight Riders' defeat against the Chennai side, he said, "You play the game to win. We feel sad when the boys lose. But such things happen.
"I work hard. I want them to work harder. I would have liked the Kolkata Knight Riders to reach the final," he said.
On the Knight Riders's success as a brand, SRK [Images] said "With the help of colleagues we have done something for this. Still there is a long way to go before it becomes the number one sporting brand".
Khan said he is overwhelmed by the response of the Kolkata public and conceded the gate sales had fetched him twice the amount he had expected.