rediff.com

NewsApp (Free)

Read news as it happens
Download NewsApp

Available on  

Rediff News  All News 
Rediff.com  » Business » Tatas apply for 'Tata SIA Airlines Limited' name

Tatas apply for 'Tata SIA Airlines Limited' name

September 20, 2013 13:14 IST

Starting the process of incorporating a new company for its proposed aviation venture with Singapore Airlines, Tata group has sought to register this entity as 'Tata SIA Airlines Limited'.

The application for registration of this name has been filed with the Registrar of Companies through submission of form '1A', which is the first step towards incorporation of a new company.

The registration is currently "under process" and can be approved soon, as per the latest information available with the Corporate Affairs Ministry. This would be followed by

submission of various other documents, including the Article of Association, and details of the company's board of directors, share capital, business areas etc.

Going by the proposed name, the new company is expected to be a 'public limited company', which needs to have a suffix 'limited' to its name. The private limited companies need to suffix their names with 'private limited'.

The brand name of the proposed airline, however, is yet to be announced.

Incidentally, Tata SIA Airlines Limited would be among the first major companies to be incorporated under the new Companies Act, 2013 that came into effect earlier this month.

Tata Sons Ltd, the holding company of salt-to-software conglomerate Tata group, and Singapore Airlines announced on Thursday that they are setting up a new full-service airline in India.

While Tata Sons would hold majority 51 per cent stake, Singapore Airlines (SIA) would have remaining 49 per cent.

© Copyright 2014 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.