According to Central statistics office press note, GDP at current prices in Q1 of 2015-16 is estimated at 32.43 lakh crore, as against 29.80 lakh crore in Q1 of 2014-15, showing a growth rate of 8.8 percent.
Image: GDP growth from previous year
The quarterly estimate of GDP in Q1 (first quarter) for each sector has increased from Q1of previous year.
The top three industries are:
- Financial, insurance, real estate & professional services ( 6,59,453 crore)
- Trade, hotel, transport, communication & services related to broadcasting (5,85490 crore)
- Manufacturing (5,40,738 crore)
The top three industries which shown a highest growth rate are
- Trade, hotel, transport, communication & services related to broadcasting which has shown growth rate of 10%
- Public administration, defence & other services which has shown a growth rate of 9%
- The two sectors manufacturing and agriculture, Forestry and Fishing has shown a growth rate of 7%
For more data driven journalism, take a look at Rediff Labs