Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has flown to Abu Dhabi to speak to chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak amid a breakdown in relations at the club.
Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook has defended the way Mark Hughes was replaced as manager by Roberto Mancini.
Manchester City will not be signing Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o, the English Premier League club said on Friday. City manager Mark Hughes confirmed last week that a 25 million-euro ($34.85 million) bid had been made for the Barcelona striker and had warned the forward that he would not wait all summer for a decision.
Mark Hughes was confirmed as Manchester City's new manager on Wednesday after quitting English Premier League rivals Blackburn Rovers. City's Web site said the 44-year-old Hughes, who signed a three-year deal, had agreed to join after meeting the club's new executive chairman Garry Cook on Tuesday.
Kaka's move to Manchester City fell through because AC Milan '"bottled it', City's executive chairman Garry Cook said on Tuesday. Cook was part of a group of City officials who spent seven hours in the Italian city on Monday trying to secure the world record transfer of the Brazilian midfielder, only for the Italian club to announce that no deal would take place.
Manchester City suffered a double dose of Brazilian blues when striker Robinho walked out on a training camp in Tenerife following their failure to sign his compatriot Kaka.