A former self-defence trainer with right-wing Hindu group Sanatan Sanstha was arrested in connection with Margao bomb blast conspiracy by Special Investigation Team (SIT), police said on Wednesday.
The Goa police on Wednesday claimed that there was enough proof against the two Sanatan Sanstha activists, who died in the Margao blast, to indicate their involvement in the explosion. Margao police station in-charge has filed a First Information Report against Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, because there was enough proof against them linking them to the blast, Superintendent of Police Atmaram Deshpande told reporters.
The Goa police on Tuesday said it cannot rule out the possibility of American terror suspect and Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative David Headley visiting the state earlier this year but has no conclusive evidence to prove it.The national media on Tuesday, quoting officials of the Union Home Ministry, said that Headley had surveyed two prime locations in Goa -- Arambl and Anjuna beaches.
India will hand over British fugitive Ajay Kaushal to the United Kingdom, under an extradition treaty signed between the two countries, a senior police officer said on Thursday. Kaushal, 50, who is in judicial custody in Goa, will be handed over to UK police once their men arrive in the state. The handing over would be executed as per the extradition treaty in place between India and UK.
The Goa police on Wednesday claimed that right-wing Hindu group Sanatana Sanstha was not responsible for the October 16 scooter blast in Margao.The state police had earlier said that the two key accused in the case -- Malganda Patil and Yogesh Naik -- had links with the Sanstha.Earlier, state Home Minister Ravi Naik stated that Sanathan Sanstha worker Malganda Patil planned and executed Friday's blast near a church in Margao.
Even after four days, the state police have failed to make any arrest in the Margao blast case as the Special Investigation Team continued their investigation in the state.