Sanjay Dutt will be free for one more month as he is yet to get the copy of the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act court judgment sentencing him to six years jail.
Dutt's laywer V R Manohar said the TADA court would be requested to appoint a probation officer and go through his report before deciding on Dutt's plea for relief under the law.
CBI lawyer N Natrajan, while winding up his argument on the quantum of punishment on Thursday, urged the court to give the maximum punishment of death penalty to all these conspirators, barring three of them.
Without the trial of 'Tiger' Memon and Dawood Ibrahim, the most important anti-terror case in independent India will always remain an unfinished chapter.
The special TADA court asked him to pay Rs 1 lakh as fine. He was given a suspended sentence of one year, in view of his advanced age and good behaviour.
First look on Sanjay Dutt's appearances at the TADA court
Sanjay Dutt's sentencing is scheduled for July 31, two days after the star turns 48.
Tense moments awaited the Memon brothers at Mumbai's TADA court on Friday, when the family members were all sentenced for their involvement in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts
Kode stayed the transfer of custody of Salem to Delhi Police. Salem, lodged in the Arthur Road Jail here, is a key accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts.
Earlier in the day, the actor had to face protests by the families of the other accused in the case as he arrived at the court on Tuesday morning.
A designated TADA court, hearing the 1993 bomb blast case, announced on Thursday that it would deliver verdict on August 10.
Sanjay Dutt who is often surrounded with controversies gets a breather. Today morning the actor was seen receiving his daughter Trishala at Sahar International Airport. Trishala is Dutt's daughter from his first wife Richa Sharma.
The Anti-Terrorism Squad has said they need time to find out who the other assailants of Pradeep Jain were.
In all, 18 people, including leader of the banned Al Umma outfit S A Basha, have been named as accused in the case.
Gangsters Ejaz Pathan and Shaikh Ali Shaikh Umar were given terms today.
However, the CBI, objected saying the Commission report cannot be used by the convicts for defence.
The special TADA court also sentenced Shaikh Mohammed Ehtesham to 10 years RI.
Special Judge P D Kode, while sentencing the 83-year-old Dawood Phanse to life imprisonment, imposed a fine of Rs two lakh on him and added that he was spared the death penalty considering his age.
Some had come to the court-room carrying photographs of Lord Rama and Sai Baba hoping for mercy.
Salem's confession describes the role played by Qayoom and Bilakhiya in arms distribution in furtherance to the 1993 bomb blast conspiracy, CBI said.
The special TADA court sentenced Gul Mohammad to six years imprisonment with a fine of Rs 15,000.
Sardar Shahwali Khan and Altaf Ali Sayed were found guilty of aiding and abetting the blasts.
Another accused was acquitted due to lack of evidence.
Shaikh was also held guilty of conspiracy and participating in landing operations of arms and ammunitions, which arrived at Shekhadi coast in Raigad district on February 3 and 7, 1993.
Salem has also said that though he was involved in transportation of these weapons, initially he had no idea that he was transporting weapons.
The reports published in many newspapers alleged as soon as Salem entered the Arthur Road jail on November 23, he hosted a party for his supporters and other associates already lodged inside. \n
Sanjay was found guilty under the Arms Act on November 28 for possessing a 9 mm pistol and an AK-56 rifle in the 1993 bomb blast case.
A division bench comprising Justice V S Sirpurkar and Justice S M Ibrahim Khallifulla has issued a notice to Vaiko
The court also allowed Salem's plea for home food and bedding on condition that the food may be provided only by his brother Abdul Lais after undergoing security drill and verification process.
Judge P D Kode issued the order while hearing the bail plea filed by the lawyers of Dutt and his friend Yusuf Nallwalla.
While the court found Dutt guilty under the Arms Act, it acquitted the actor of the criminal conspiracy charges under TADA.
Early Wednesday morning, Dutt is supposed to have told the friend, 'Even sleeping pills are of no use. I am not going to sleep.'
Emotions ran high as a tense-looking Sanjay hugged his friends after getting out of the car and nodded at waiting camerapersons as he walked into the court premises.
The TADA court on Monday held an aide of Abu Salem guilty of carrying weapons from Sanjay Dutt's residence to the house of co-accused but acquitted another due to lack of evidence.
Ehsan Mohammad Tufel Qureshi was found guilty of complicity.
The summons were issued by designated Judge P D Kode, who had asked Sanjay and 25 other accused to appear before him for giving their attendance.
They have admitted their complicity and asked for leniency.
Yakub also denied that the premises at Al-Husseini building, which were used to store explosives, belonged to him. He claimed he did not own any apartment in the building.