Five persons arrested in connection with the gangrape of a 51-year-old Danish tourist were on Monday sent in police custody till January 23 by a Delhi court.
A Delhi court on Saturday recorded the statement of two police officials in a case in which a 52-year-old Danish woman was allegedly gang raped by nine persons last year.
The bench also pulled up the investigating officer of the case for not conducting a proper investigation.
The hectic legal proceedings in the Danish woman gangrape case on Thursday took the prosecution by surprise, as the victim who supported the case in the trial court turned hostile in the Juvenile Justice Board where she failed to identify the three minor offenders.
Three more persons, including a minor, were on Friday arrested in connection with the gang-rape of a 51-year-old Danish tourist at knife-point near New Delhi railway station on January 14.
A 51-year-old Danish tourist was allegedly gang-raped by more than half a dozen men at knife point near New Delhi railway station on Tuesday night, police said.
The judge convicted them for the offences under sections 376 (D) (gang rape), 395 (dacoity), 366 (kidnapping), 342 (wrongful confinement), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention) of the Indian Penal Code.
An African footballer was found dead on railway tracks on the Mumbai-Howrah route in Janjgir-Champa district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
'We were children and could not distinguish freedom from bondage, but we could understand that a momentous and happy event was imminent.'
Rejecting a plea for 20 years jail term, the court said "it was for convicts to respect the lady especially when she was a tourist" and by their act, they have put "a stigma" on the country's reputation.