The armed forces continue to be upset with the government over a defence ministry circular regarding rank parity vis-a-vis their civilian counterparts at the Service headquarters even though the ministry issued a statement on Thursday, saying no downgradation had been done.
Defence sources said the issue is likely to be solved within a week.
A panel within the ministry is likely to re-look into the issue that has been left pending for so many years, ministry sources said on Friday.
The ministry said "local designations" assigned to both service and civilian officers in Service Headquarters/ Inter Service Organisations is also withdrawn.