Top seed David Ferrer summed up his error-strewn defeat by qualifier Dmitry Tursunov as "one of the worst I have played" after falling at the first hurdle at the Barcelona Open on Wednesday.
'Djokovic had an impeccable year in 2011 as well as he is having in 2015, says Nadal.
Top seed Rafa Nadal set up an all-Spanish final against David Ferrer at the Barcelona Open after blasting his way past compatriot Fernando Verdasco 6-0, 6-4 on Saturday.
World No 2 Rafael Nadal swept into the third round of the Barcelona Open when he thrashed Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-1, 6-2 as he began his quest for a seventh Conde de Godo trophy in eight years on Wednesday.
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic has pulled out of the Serbia Open tennis following the death of his grandfather during the Monte Carlo Masters event last week.
Rafa Nadal has played down the significance of his victory over Novak Djokovic in Monte Carlo, saying winning tournaments was his priority rather than reclaiming the World No 1 spot.
The Indian challenge ended in the US $15,000 ITF men's hardcourt tournament in Taizhou, China, with the defeat of Karan Rastogi in the quarter-finals on Friday. The unseeded Indian lost 6-4, 2-6, 4-6 to Japanese Toshihide Matsui.
World number seven Tomas Berdych has withdrawn from the Barcelona Open due to illness, organisers said on Tuesday.
Rafael Nadal has played down the significance of his quarter-final defeat by Austrian Dominic Thiem at the Madrid Open
Rafael Nadal suffered a shock 7-5, 6-3 defeat by Austrian Dominic Thiem in the Madrid Open quarter-finals on Friday, a result that means the Spaniard will lose the world number one ranking.
World number one Novak Djokovic said his years in the sport helped him switch off his emotions to beat Robin Haase and reach the semi-finals of the Monte Carlo Masters on Friday, a day after learning of the death of his grandfather.
Roger Federer was giving absolutely no guarantees about his form on Sunday, as the four-time finalist prepared for his first ATP start in more than two months at the Monte Carlo Masters. The 17-time Grand Slam winner will be starting afresh in the second round on the Monte Carlo Country Club clay after his early February knee operation. After hitting for nearly a week at the seaside venue overlooking the Mediterranean, the Swiss said that next week will be key for deciding his further schedule ahead of the French Open - the second major of the season. "I feel more rust than rest, but I am rested, mentally and physically," the 34-year-old said. "I don't think about the Roland Garros title," the 2009 Paris champion added.
Adrian Sutil produced Force India's best result of the current Formula One season by finishing seventh in the action-packed Monaco Grand Prix, in which five drivers failed to finish the race in Monte Carlo on Sunday.
Recovery seen in Q4, companies continue to focus on enhancing cash flow
Images from the Laureus World Awards held in Monaco on Tuesday
Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi stunned top seeds Lukasz Kubot and Oliver Marach in straight sets to storm into the doubles final of the Valencia Open.
Rafa Nadal underlined his crushing dominance on clay when he overwhelmed Spanish compatriot David Ferrer 6-2, 6-4 to win a sixth Barcelona Open title in seven years on Sunday.
World number one Rafa Nadal underlined his crushing dominance on clay when he overwhelmed Spanish compatriot David Ferrer 6-2, 6-4 to win a sixth Barcelona Open title in seven years on Sunday.
A doubles title continued to elude Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi as they lost the Valencia Open final to British brothers Andy and Jamie Murray in Valencia.
Holder Rafael Nadal provided more evidence that he is regaining his old dominance on clay after an injury-hit 2009 by cruising past Romanian Victor Hanescu 6-3, 6-2 at the Rome Masters on Thursday. British world number five Andy Murray struggled, however, and lost 6-3, 6-4 to Nadal's Spanish compatriot David Ferrer.
Formula One will be noisier next year after the sport's governing body approved new measures on Wednesday to raise the decibels after complaints about the V6 turbo hybrid power units introduced in 2014.
Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi had contrasting results in the second round of the Monte Carlo Masters doubles on Wednesday night.
Mahesh Bhupathi and Max Mirnyi suffered their third defeat in an ATP Masters series final this season, losing the summit clash of the Cincinnati event 3-6, 4-6 to second seeds Mike and Bob Bryan.
The Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to PRS Oberoi, chairman and chief executive of the Oberoi group. The 10th edition of the E&Y awards in India was decided by a six-member jury headed by KV Kamath, managing director and chief executive of ICICI Bank.
Nadal has a habit of truly coming into his own at Roland Garros, as his 100-2 win-loss record testifies.
The Frenchman declined to talk about his bid for the FIFA presidency in his first news conference since announcing one month ago that he would stand as a candidate to replace Sepp Blatter.
Chelsea's ace striker Didier Drogba's agent has revealed that he is in talks with Manchester City over a 20 million pound move.
Giancarlo Fisichella came agonisingly close to scoring Force India's maiden Formula One points before eventually finishing ninth, while his German teammate Adrian Sutil placed 14th in the Monaco Grand Prix in Monte Carlo on Sunday. For the second successive year, Force India experienced heartbreak at Monaco, as Fisichella, running eighth after 53 laps, dropped down and finished just outside the points bracket.
Rafa Nadal will seek to erase his shock fourth-round exit last year from the memory banks when the mighty Mallorcan makes his tournament bow at the French Open on Tuesday.
Check out the arrivals who descended at the Italian city of Monaco.
For the first time, both the Force India cars finished among points but Hispania driver Karun Chandhok was among the 12 drivers who did not last the distance at the Monaco Grand Prix, which turned out to be a bloodbath of a race in Monte Carlo on Sunday.
Rafael Nadal overcame a stern challenge from Ernests Gulbis to reach the Rome Masters final on Saturday, prevailing 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 after the Latvian had exposed chinks in the clay master's armour.
Fernando Verdasco's confidence on clay is sky high as long as he does not have to play Rafael Nadal, the Barcelona Open champion said on Sunday.
Fernando Verdasco's confidence on clay is sky high as long as he does not have to play Rafa Nadal, the Barcelona Open champion said on Sunday.
With the French Open looming, Rafael Nadal sprung back to life at the Monte Carlo Masters and left his opponents baffled about how to beat him on clay.
Rafael Nadal left no doubt that he would be the overwhelming favourite at next month's French Open after crushing Spanish compatriot David Ferrer 6-2, 6-3 in the Monte Carlo Masters semi-finals on Saturday. World number 12 and fellow Spaniard Fernando Verdasco will be the last man standing in Nadal's way to a record sixth consecutive title in the glitzy principality after he demolished top seed Novak Djokovic 6-2, 6-2.
World number one Andy Murray beat Romanian Marius Copil 6-4, 6-3 to reach the third round of the Madrid Open on Tuesday.
Fourth seed Novak Djokovic suffered a 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 defeat by Germany's Philipp Kohlschreiber in the third round of the French Open on Saturday.
World number one Rafael Nadal has booked a place in the end-of-season ATP World Tour finals being staged in London for the first time, organisers said on Tuesday.
Factbox on 2008 Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic.