Forward Sadio Mane has agreed a new long-term contract with Liverpool, the Premier League club said on Thursday.
The Senegal international, 26, joined Liverpool from Southampton in 2016 for 34 million pounds ($43.8 million) and has scored 40 goals in 89 games for the Anfield club.
“I am very happy, very happy to extend my time at Liverpool,” Mane told the Liverpool website.
“It is a great day for me and now I am looking forward to everything – to helping the team, to helping the club achieve our dreams and, especially, to win trophies."
Mane helped Liverpool reach last season's Champions League final and they are second in the Premier League table, two points behind Manchester City.
“I’ve always said, when I knew I had a chance to come here I didn’t have to think twice," Mane said. "The right club in the right moment and with the right coach as well.
“For me, I have made the best decision in my career.”
Man City's Silva out of West Ham clash through injury
Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva is unavailable for Saturday’s Premier League match at West Ham United after sustaining an injury on international duty, manager Pep Guardiola said on Friday.
The Portugal playmaker missed his country’s 1-1 Nations League draw with Poland on Tuesday and is also doubtful for City’s Champions League trip to French side Olympique Lyonnais next week.
Silva has emerged as a key player for City in the absence of midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, who is nursing a knee injury.
“Bernardo cannot play this weekend, it’s not too big (an injury) but this game no... I don’t know if he will be ready next Tuesday,” Guardiola told a news conference.
Defender Benjamin Mendy will miss the remainder of the year after undergoing surgery on his left knee in Barcelona.
The injury-plagued Frenchman missed the majority of last season with a ruptured cruciate ligament in his right knee and has also been battling a foot injury in this campaign.
“Mendy is 10 to 12 weeks... Nicolas Otamendi is back in training and everybody else is OK,” Guardiola added.
International break helped Leicester after helicopter tragedy: Puel
Leicester City boss Claude Puel believes the international break helped his players come to terms with the death of club chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha last month and they are ready to fully focus on soccer again, the Frenchman said on Thursday.
Vichai, 60, and four others were killed when the helicopter they were travelling in crashed outside their King Power Stadium after a Premier League game against West Ham United.
Leicester fought off emotions to defeat Cardiff City 1-0 seven days later and played out a goalless draw with Burnley at home before going into the international break.
"It was a good thing for us, for some players, for their bodies, their minds and for the international players... it was important to have this," Puel told a news conference ahead of Saturday's league trip to Brighton & Hove Albion.
"During two weeks, they can forget a little and have their mind with other thoughts... the international players come back with a smile and are happy to come back. The others they work a lot with quality and focus and it was a good thing.
"We have to restore all our focus onto football. This is the most important thing... It's not pressure, it's a responsibility to continue Vichai's vision. I was very proud of my team in the last two games."
Midfielder James Maddison has returned to training after recovering from a knee injury and will be assessed before the match while striker Jamie Vardy is a doubt due to a knock.
Leicester are 10th in the table with 17 points, two places above Brighton.