Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren called on Home Minister P Chidambaram in New Delhi on Wednesday and briefed him on the various measures taken by his government to tackle Naxals.
Neyaz Ahmed, Director General of Police, Jharkhand, also accompanied the chief minister and took part in the discussions.
"We are trying to control the Maoist activities in our state. We appreciate the measures taken by the central government, we will work together to tackle the Maoist menace," Soren told reporters.
"We as a Jharkhand state, we are on the same footing as the Centre and whatever plans they have, whatever operations are being planned, we are fully with them. We are on the preparation track, our preparations are going on and whatever is left we will be ready within a few days," said Neyaz Ahmad, DGP, Jharkhand.
Maoist rebels on Monday had offered a conditional 72-day ceasefire through the media, and said that they are willing to talk to the government if it aborts its anti-Maoist Operation ''Green Hunt''.
The government said that in the absence of an authentic statement, it was unable to respond immediately, raising doubts about the truce and peace talks.
Reacting to this proposal by the ultras, Chidambaram said talks could be possible if the rebels gave up violence, a demand the Maoists have so far refused.
Chidambaram said: "I would like a short, simple statement from the CPI (Maoist) saying we will abjure violence and we are prepared for talks."
"I would like no ifs, no buts and no conditions. I would like the statement to be faxed to 011-23093155. Once I receive the statement, I shall consult the Prime Minister and other colleagues and respond promptly," he added.