Reliance Industries announced the results for the quarter and year ending March 2006. Its net profit rose 20 per cent to Rs 9,069 crore ($2,033 million) against Rs 7,572 crore for the previous year.
Following are the annual highlights:
- Turnover of Rs 89,124 crore ($19,976 million) against Rs 73,164 crore for the previous year, an increase of 22%
- Operating Profit (PBDIT) of Rs 14,982 crore ($ 3,358 million) against Rs. 14,261 crore for the previous year, an increase of 5%.
- Earnings Per Share for the year is Rs. 65.1 ($ 1.46)
- The consolidated net profit of the company after consolidating its subsidiaries and associates is Rs. 9,398 crore ($ 2,106 million).
- Turnover of Rs 26,448 crore ($ 5,928 million) against Rs 19,840 crore for the corresponding previous quarter, an increase of 33%
- Net Profit of Rs 2,502 crore ($ 561 million) against Rs 2,292 crore for the corresponding previous quarter, an increase of 9%.
Do you want to discuss stock tips? Do you know a hot one? Join the Stock Market Investments Discussion Group