How to make Green Apple Pasta Salad
Enjoyed the super salad recipes?. Here, reader Anusha Praveen shares sent us this recipe of Green Apple Pasta Salad made from macaroni and assorted veggies.
Here' one more: Green Apple Pasta Salad shared by food blogger Anusha Praveen.
It is an "easy macaroni salad with assorted veggies in a creamy dressing," says Anusha.
Here's the recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 green apple peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 medium red onion sliced thinly
For the dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 3-4 fresh mint chopped finely
- 1 tsp vinegar (cider or white) or 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- Drop the macaroni into a pan of boiling water. Let is cook for about 20 to 25 minutes till they become soft and tender.
- If you put the macaroni when the water is not boiling, pasta may take longer to cook. Also make sure you add plenty of water. Pasta needs a lot of water to cook.
- Once cooked, drain the water and wash the macaroni under running water. This is to make sure that they don’t stick to each other.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing and using a whisk, mix well.
- Now, add the chopped veggies to the dressing and mix well.
- Add the washed pasta to the veggie dressing mixture and mix gently.
- Let it chill for an hour.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve with any bread or soup of your choice.
Reader Invite: Do you have an interesting salad recipe that you'd like to share with us?
Email us your recipe along with a photograph, if possible, to email@example.com (Subject line: Salad recipes) and we'll publish the best ones right here in Rediff.com.
Image: Green Apple Pasta Salad
Photographs: Courtesy Anusha Praveen