According to an extramarital dating app, over 50% married couples admitted having had an intimate relationship outside their marriage.
Extramarital dating app Gledeen has released a detailed report on why Indians commit infidelity.
The survey commissioned to IPSOS, a global market research and consulting firm worldwide was conducted online with over 1500 participants from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune and Ahmedabad.
Respondents who were married individuals between the age group of 25 to 50 years, were asked if they already had or would cheat on their spouses and their reasons for the same.
The detailed survey unveils perception and reasons behind Indians committing infidelity while also breaking taboos about married couples and relationships in the country.
Here are some startling findings from the survey:
- 55% Indians have already cheated on their spouses, majority being women (56%)
- 49% married people in India confessed having had an intimate relationship with someone other than the spouse.
- 5 out of 10 have already indulged in casual sex (47%) or one-night stands (46%).
- 41% women and 26% men admitted having had regular sexual intercourses with someone other than the spouse
- 53% married Indian women and 43% men admitted having already had an intimate relationship outside their marriage
- 48% Indians believe that is indeed possible to be in love with two people at the same time, while 46% said it’s possible to be cheating on a person while still be(ing) in love with him/her.
According to SolenePaillet, marketing director of Gleeden, "Indian women seem particularly open minded about infidelity, especially when it involves romance."
As for the big question: Would couples forgive each other?
The survey revealed that 69% respondents expect to be forgiven by their partner. 37% said they would forgive the partner without a second thought, while 40% may do so if the circumstances were extenuating.