Why visit KFC when you can make these yummy delights in your own kitchen?
Reshma Aslam tells you just how!
Marinating time: 2 to 3 hours
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 500 gm boneless chicken
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder (jeera)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 green chillies paste
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh cream (I use Amul)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs/plain cornflakes ground
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
Method for preparation:
- Cut the boneless chicken into small pieces. Wash well and drain out all the water (press the chicken pieces in both the palms of the hands so no water remains).
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Add salt to taste, lemon juice, pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds powder, green chilli paste and fresh cream. Mix well.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for two to three hours to marinate.
- Put all-purpose flour and bread crumbs in two separate plates.
- Whisk two eggs in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan to deep fry the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Now, pick each marinated piece of chicken with a fork, coat it with all purpose flour, dip it in the egg, and then roll it in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in hot oil. It should take about 10 minutes of frying time for the chicken to be done.
- When the chicken pieces are golden brown, remove from pan and drain excess oil on tissue paper.
- Your chicken nuggets are ready.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.
- The content of the chilly paste and pepper powder can be adjusted to individuals taste.
- The more time given for marinating of the chicken, better is the taste.
Photograph: My_Amii/Creative Commons