How do you beat the sweltering summer heat? Stir up a refreshing cooler using lemon and mint.
On my recent trip to Doha, Qatar, after an adventurous desert safari at noon, I was treated to this refreshing summer cooler ahead of lunch.
The essence of mint and lemon was just what I needed after the desert adventure.
Here's the recipe:
- 50 gm mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50 gm crushed ice
- Powdered sugar to taste
- 50 ml soda
For garnish (optional)
- Mint leaves
- A slice of lemon
- In a blender, add mint leaves and 20 gm crushed ice. Blend well to a fine mixture.
- In a glass pitcher, add lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Strain the mint mixture and add it to the pitcher.
- When you are ready to serve, add soda and mix well.
- In a tall glass, add remaining crushed ice.
- Add the prepared juice. Check for sweetness.
- Garnish it with mint leaves and lemon serve immediately.
Image: Divya Nair/Rediff.com
Do you have interesting summer recipes to share? Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Summer Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.