Chill out with these delicious recipes from Gitanjali Gurbaxani.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cup watermelon cubes, de-seeded
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely cut
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Add garlic, lemon juice and onion in a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour olive oil and whisk further till they blend well.
- Add in the cucumber, yellow bell pepper, salt, black pepper and watermelon cubes. Gently toss it up.
- Sprinkle mint leaves and coriander leaves over and gently toss it.
- Refrigerate for two hours. Serve cold.
Watermelon and Strawberry Juice
- 18 large strawberries, chopped
- 8 cup watermelon cubes, de-seeded
- 6 to 8 cubes ice
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Place the watermelon cubes, strawberries, ice and mint leaves in a blender. Blend well.
- Pour it out into two tall glasses.
- Serve cold.
Virgin Watermelon Mojito
- 2 cup watermelon juice
- 20 mint leaves
- 40 ml sugar syrup
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 to 8 ice cubes
- Place the mint leaves at the base of a pitcher or jug.
- Pour in the watermelon juice, sugar syrup and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Add in the ice cubes into two tall glasses.
- Pour the Watermelon Mojito over it.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint leaves and a spear of watermelon. Serve chilled.